Ric Scoles came up with the design of the Slinger strap because there wasn’t a strap on the market at the time that he really liked. Rick wanted a strap that gave a little more support for his back and was a little wider so it would not cut into his shoulders. The initial design was just a loop with the leather notched to fit the banjo. To make it ride a little flatter, he added an angle to make it fit more snugly against the back. Doing so created a simple strap with a revolutionary approach to holding the instrument in place.
Just looking at it, you wouldn’t think it should work as well as it does, but Ric has used this system for twenty years and the banjo has always been safe.
- We have two versions: Standard basic black (leather/cloth) and Deluxe padded black all leather. Made in America
- It gives very balanced, comfortable support to the back and shoulders without any straightjacket-style strapping.
- The Slinger is adjustable and fits any brand of resonator banjo.
- There is no metal hardware to scratch your banjo.
- The strap does not stress the banjo or banjo hardware.
- The strap can be easily and quickly switched between multiple banjoes, even during live performances. You only need one strap for multiple banjoes, may be the last strap you ever need.
- The strap is comfortable and easy to use, and very portable. The strap fits into your case along with your banjo.
The fact that the strap is designed to hold the instrument using gravity, at an angle to the body, is the real secret to why this design works so well. In addition to helping the appearance and posture of the player, it provides added comfort and balance by drawing the banjo closer to the body.
We even provide added ties if you feel them necessary, but the beauty of this design is that gravity is what is holding the banjo; no hardware (metal-to-metal) is necessary the heavier the banjo, the better.
Price: Standard Slinger $59.00, Slinger Deluxe $69.00